Sunday, August 31, 2008

Something of a continuation... more thoughts on connections in this world...

God created the world we live in and all its rules and He created us. He can live with us following the programming He created, and that programming is to love, Him first, but loving others is a close second. I can imagine that with us being programmed and drawn to love Him, an individual entity, it makes the most sense for us to love another single entity second, and so on down the line. I wonder who else can relate to this sort of a feeling, of individual attraction. We may love all dogs, but we love our dog the best. We may like kids, but we love our own the best. (They are basically physically and eternally the same, aren’t they? Why are our own kids “more” deserving of anything? Think about it…) I think it may just be how we work. A rule in this world, if you will, that when placed around everybody, with every one loving in their own way, everything somehow maintains a sort of balance. It could even be that the love for individual teaches us and allows us to love the group. Before I learned to love one person, I honestly didn’t know how to love anyone. In a more distant yet more specific example, before I loved my guitars, I couldn’t have cared less about other ones. Now I cringe when I see one bashed on stage where before I thought it was cool. I used to laugh hysterically when a child on TV would get hurt on one of those home video shows, now after working so closely with so many and now having young nieces and nephews, I find myself concerned even for the stranger and it just isn’t as funny any more. I think you see where I am going with this…

So there it is. Who would have thought it but love can be used for good. Even love pointed at someone other then God. It makes sense to think that we can love because He first loved us, and when I hear that until you love God you can’t truly love another. I think I believe that, despite its implications for the world without Christ. I don’t yet know how that relates. Maybe they can dimly get a grasp of love, being programmed the same way, while simultaneously being unable to fully and truly grasp it…

No comments: