Monday, September 8, 2008

This is a bit of a crossover blog...

As the title suggest, this one could have just as easily fallen under the other blog, as it was an event attached to a specific day (today) which I will be addressing. However, I thought that the content and intent made its inclusion in this blog make more sense... if it makes any sense at all...

It happened today, or should I say, it happened AGAIN today... you know, that sense that you have been somewhere before, done something before... and it is inexplicable. Not a memory, but almost like you had foreknowledge of an event... Some call it deja vu... At any rate, it got me thinking...

So there I was, standing in a parking lot of restaurant that had just opened, waiting for someone that I have not known very long to arrive... I mention these details because I want to dismiss the explanation that it could have simply been an even that had coincidentally happened before. This was not something that had happened before... but I had knowledge of it, the restaurant, the layout of the parking lot, the time of day (sun and its intensity and angle of delineation) the person I was waiting for, her being late, everything. It was just odd, but I was so certain that I had seen this scene through my eyes before...

The feeling was so strong that it got me thinking... How much of the divine is in us... what if this was simply a glimpse of eternity... what if for a moment I saw things outside of this temporal universe, as we imagine God sees things. The events had already played out, I knew what was happening, yet it hadn't "happened" yet, and won't happen again... Is this how God sees our world? Just a thought I had... We are after all, eternal beings created in His image. Is it too much to think that we have existed as we will continue existing? That our conceived universe ruled by "time" is part of a bigger universe which has no such boundaries? I am getting out of my depth both in understanding as well as ability to explain what I am really thinking, but I had to at least try to get it out there and see what came of it...

I thought it was interesting...

No comments: