Tuesday, May 5, 2009

...then one day, you'll wake up and she'll be home...

It meant a TON to me the time that you called. I know I've said it before but for whatever reason, the slightest effort makes a significant impact. I have really missed our chats, no matter how brief...

I have recently been reminded of something I have been wrestling with, but afraid to really speak. I am glad, and even proud, to call you a friend but with that in mind, losing that friendship is not something that I want to face.

Going back to honesty, it scares me to think about seeing you again. Perhaps it is better put that I am afraid of your impending proximity. I am afraid that without being able to catch you online, without distance keeping you from other people, there won't be any time left for me... Even while knowing that that wouldn't be the reason, because there is always time when the amount isn't the part that matters... and we always have time for what is important to us... and that sums up my fear pretty well too, because time can also be a barometer for that very reason...

I'll let you guess what I was listening too...

No comments: