Monday, November 3, 2008

I miss you...

I think it is odd the things that we miss about people... sometimes the seemingly insignificant or miniscule things can be the things we miss the most...

-Just being able to talk
-Hanging out
-Getting to know you
-Planning adventures (yes, the PLANNING)
-Having adventures ;)
-Strands of hair falling in your face
-Receiving a text of a simple but perfect "smile"
-Making you laugh
-You exclaiming "You're kidding!" and being so serious!
-Sitting on your couch and being made fun of because I had a blanket
-Meeting your friends/family
-That smile that you used to toss back to me (made me feel like I was the only person around)
-Hearing you talk about your passion
-SEEING you talk about your passion
-How expressive the corners of your mouth are
-Playing guitar for you
-Never quite knowing how to end a day or say good-bye
-Your picture texts
-Road trips (even short ones)
-Making up scientific sounding explanations
-"Points" earning them and giving them out
-Knowing someone else likes pulpy orange juice (Do you know how long I thought I was the only one?!)
-Being made fun of and sarcasm (I always knew we were getting along extra well when you went that route)
-Your leg shaking (I actually think I caught that from you for a little while. That antibiotics seem to have helped...)
-Looking for that cave... How could someone have moved it?!
-Sitting next to you (And trying to figure out how to intentionally sit next to you without it being obvious... usually waiting for everyone else to sit an hoping the only chair left was by you... even though I don't remember that working all that often...)
-Zipped hoodies and torn/patched jeans (and stretchy jeans! Who knew?!)
-Orange chicken (but not that raw salmon)
-Accidentally leaving the offending salmon in a bookstore at 11pm
-Seeing you in 3-D glasses
-The prospect of "rescuing" you
-You checking to see if I made it home all right... all 3 blocks
-You reading Shel to me
-Having fun
-Sharing a Starbucks
-Skipping
-You driving ;-)
-You calling me Bradley (most people don't, some people I "let", and a very few I enjoy being called that by, guess which one you are...)
-Your eye twitch
-Wanting to be around you more the more I knew you
-Checking adventures off "The List"
-Sharing with you (anything, music, stories, a task, an evening, anything, even Elephant Bar spinach artichoke dip...)

No comments: