Thursday, July 31, 2008

Heart in motion...?

So I was thinking that maybe I should talk a little bit about "following my heart" since I mentioned it... It is a dangerous thing... especially in this day and age, but here is the deal, I don't know that I can think of a time when my heart had been either wrong or confused... my mind on the other hand gets confused and is wrong ALL THE TIME!! And here is the deal, I don't have much, but I do have someone pretty important in my heart. With that in mind, and knowing the Creator of said heart, and just my experience, it would seem that my heart is the best part about me and quite frankly, when the clock is running down and we need some points, I am going to put the ball in the hands of my best player. My mind I can deal with, but not following my heart, that haunts me... I've got to follow my heart...

A good friend of mine relayed a nugget of wisdom to me recently that she had heard. We were talking about making decisions and trying to hear God's voice in it all and I was talking about trusting that God made me who I am, in essence, He created the person making said decision so listening to my heart is in essence listening to God since He made my heart and had taught and guided it to this point. She told me about her mother saying it was like a parent watching very closely over a young child and making decisions for that child but releasing decisions to the child as it grew (in knowledge and stature) until the child, while still consulting the parent, could make most decisions completely independent of the parent. I thought it went hand in hand in what I was thinking since even in that instance the parents convictions/knowledge/morals/wisdom/etc. had all been injected into the child and were guiding the child.

I hope I can always trust my heart. I can't imagine living without it...

Listening to:City and Colour's Against The Grain and Sensible Heart off of Bring Me Your Love

No comments: